iPhone 5 predictions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ijohnbro, Oct 30, 2011.

1. ijohnbro macrumors regular

I doubt seriously if apple does a 4.5 inch type of display on the iPhone 5. I bet it's more like 4inches. It's more their style. Apple always do what you least expect. Everyone expecting this big screen. Might just be a 4 incher. Which would be a big improvement over the 3.5 incher.

2. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

I for one am not concerned with the screen size. I just hope they become slimmer with a better battery life.

3. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

are you serious?

the 4s just released and you talk about the iPhone 5?

i hope they keep the design, and don't make it slimmer.

the design is perfect the way it is.

4. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Apple failed with the design of the 4S. If they get lazy again next year (same screen size and form factor) consumers will be seduced in mass to leave iOS in favor of Android.

Of course, the die hard fanboys will always remain loyal regardless and I'm sure they chime in on this thread.

5. thenerdal macrumors 65816

I know that iPhone 5 will have a bigger screen.

The design would be 2 years old if they kept it for the iPhone 5.

6. mcdj, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011

mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

The next iPhone will have just enough new features to warrant an upgrade for many people, and lack just enough to piss off the rest.

7. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

The 4S is the iPhone 5. Why don't people understand this?

The next iPhone will be sporting iOS 6 and will be the sixth generation of the device. It would make zero sense to call it the iPhone 5.

8. thenerdal macrumors 65816

4S is not the iPhone 5. If it was, the 4S would be a huge upgrade.

9. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Why is it not a huge upgrade? Because it looks the same?

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Did you read a thing the guy wrote? The 4S is the fifth iPhone model apple has produced.

11. autigerMark macrumors member

autigerMark

You are crazy. It is not perfect and no tech company can maintain hype for a device by keeping the exact same case design for more than a few years. They will at least tweak it, starting with the next iphone.

12. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Haha, no way they're keeping the same design after releasing an "S" branded iPhone. I think we can now legitimately make a case that Apple follows an "S" cycle of iPhone updates: major redesign -> S update -> major redesign -> S update, and so on.

Going from this, next iPhone (be it 5, 6, 4GS, etc) will be a major redesign.

Personally, I think it's going to be the teardrop/tapered edges that we saw cases for. The German physical mockup looks pretty spot on.

----------

I would say it's not a huge upgrade because when compared to the Verizon CDMA iPhone 4, the only updated features were Camera (including Face detection chip), and Processor/logic board.

Now I'm still not sure if the antennas (or the wiring for the antennas) are physically different from the antennas seen in Verizon CDMA iPhone 4. But if they are different, then I guess that was updated too. Other than that... not much else.

13. ijohnbro thread starter macrumors regular

Apples next iPhone will be called the iPhone 5, so why would we call the iPhone 4S the iPhone 5? Who cares if it's the 5th phone out, it's still a 4 series phone. Ya know like the iPhone 3G and the 3GS are series 3 they look alike, alot alike. The iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S is the 4 series. iPhone 5 will be a whole new phone and redesign. I know your iPhone 4S looks just like the iPhone 4, but don't kid yourself into thinking it's the iPhone 5 because the iPhone 5 will be bounds and leaps better than your 4 I mean 4S, same difference.

14. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Why do people feel the impulsive need to make thread after thread asking about the i5? FFS add it to one of the many other threads. Even better, live your life and find better things to do with your time. Let the 4s get cold before speculation on the next phone starts.

Never mind.... after seeing some of your other threads/posts I know why. Carry on.

15. charliecc macrumors regular

There was a new phone, all I saw was an iPhone 4 you can talk to.

16. Dnix macrumors 6502

A little slimmer, higher res display, 1080p video camera, toaster oven, integrated swiss army knife...

Etc.

17. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

It would make even less sense to call it the iPhone 6..!

Whether it's the fifth generation or not, there hasn't been a phone called the iPhone 5 so having an iPhone 6 would jsut confuse the general public.

I still think the next phone will be called the iPhone 5... or they'll do away with numbering it and give it some other name (lame example: iPhone Pro).

18. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

riddle me this...how can the sixth iphone be the iphone 5?

in that case iphone 4 is the iphone 3 if we are talking about model redesign....:confused:

19. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

My prediction is it will come in with a white box and include a charger, headphones and a sync cable.

My hopes are they ont change the symmetrical shape. I am not a fan of tapered backs.

20. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

My predictions

3.7-4.3 inch screen
    96gb storage
    1gb RAM
    A6 Processor
    Something better then SIRI
    12 megapixel camera (back), 3 megapixel camera with 720p (front)
    adobe flash player if your plugged into charger maybe?

21. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

Well, we have a pretty good history to follow now:
    3G
    3GS
    4S

Theres no reason to believe the next one won't be called the iPhone 5.

(remember everyone saying there's no way they'd introduce ios5 on anything but the iPhone 5?). It's clear now that Apple does not name according to build versions.

What will Apple come out with next? After a year and a half wait for the same design, I give up guessing. Apple will keep the exact same model if they think they can still milk their customers with minimal effort on their part.

22. a9595349 macrumors newbie

The 3G in iPhone 3G stands for third generation mobile network, not third generation iPhone. The iPhone 3G is the "iPhone 2". It is in no way a 'series 3' device. That is the 3GS.

iPhone = iPhone 1 (with iOS1)
    iPhone 3G = iPhone 2 (with iOS2)
    iPhone 3GS = iPhone 3 (with iOS3)
    iPhone 4 = iPhone 4 (with iOS4)
    iPhone 4S = iPhone 5 (with iOS5)
    Potential 2012 iPhone = iPhone 6 (may or may not be it's name).

Yes, they could call it the iPhone 5 (IMO a crazy move) but until we know, we need to be talking about the "6th iPhone" and the thread title needs to be "6G iPhone predictions?".

23. charliecc macrumors regular

iPhone 5 is fine, because that's more likely what it'll be called. Everyone knows what is meant by the iPhone 5, so get off your high horse and contribute to the thread rather than being a pedant.

I think it'll have a 4 - 4.4 inch screen, A6 proc, 1GB RAM, and be out sooner than we think. I hope they ditch Siri and add conductive charging.

24. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

And how exactly do you know what Apple will name it? Don't forget, there was no iPhone 2. Apple will call it whatever they want, not what a bunch of people think it should be called.

25. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

they called the 2nd iPhone 3G why not call that iPhone 2?

and why are people so fixed on the iPhone 5 HAD to be this whole new redesign? I don't get it personally it's like cause it's not got an s in the name it HAS to be this big revolutionary change/redesign