iPhone 5 Preorder Cancel question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Edge1978, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

my local AT&T has a few iPhone 5 available. I pre ordered through apple.com and it says not supposed to ship for another 3 weeks. So my question is if I cancel this, how long until my upgrade is reversed?

2. jfk3674 macrumors member

Took me 45 minutes and two different CSR's to get the upgrade cleared. They are going to tell you as soon as you accepted the contract on the first order that was your upgrade. Even if you cancel the first order you are going to have to fight to get the upgrade back. Thats what happened to me.

3. Edge1978, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012

Edge1978 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I will give it a shot.
    ----------------------------------
    When you said you spoke to 2 different CSRs, was it Apple or AT&T CSRs?

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

From other threads I've seen that it might take as much as 24 hours.

5. sealos macrumors regular

Here is what worked for me...

While in line this AM at the Apple store.... I cancelled my Apple order by going to my orders on apple.com and canceling the order. I waited 10 minutes then called 611. I explained that I had cancelled my order online and needed my upgrade eligibility restored. It took the CSR a few minutes, but was able to do it. I dialed *639# to get confirmation and got it immediately.

So it might take 24 hours for things to propagate if you do not call 611. If you do, it'll be nearly immediate.

Good luck!

6. micahjo macrumors newbie

Mine cleared in 10 minutes with no extra work on my part. Clicked "cancel order" on apple.com, then checked eligibility online 10 minutes later and was good to go.

7. ericrowe, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

ericrowe macrumors newbie

No luck here...

I cancelled my Apple order, spent 30 minutes on the phone with AT&T, another 30 minutes on the phone with Apple sales... no luck. Apple store has the pre-order cancelled, and AT&T says I'm now ineligible for an upgrade. Apple tells me it could take a week for AT&T to get it right... And there are iphone 5's sitting unclaimed in an AT&T store 5 minutes from my house.

UPDATE: I called back an hour later and talked to a different CSR at AT&T. She then called Apple with me on the line, and after waiting on hold for 25 minutes (the AT&T CSR included), an Apple CSR came on and between the three of us we got it taken care of. I went back to the AT&T store, and they had just gotten in a shipment of black 32GB iPhone 5's that they hadn't had during my earlier trip, so I helped myself :)

8. Edge1978 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you so much everyone!

I called and the CSR said there was absolutely nothing she could do, I would need to wait out the 24-48 hours for it to be restored. Then I waited a half hour called again and this time another CSR had it reversed in 5 mins. I am now sporting my new White iPhone 5 :)