iPhone 5 Preorders - CANADA

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by username008, Sep 8, 2012.

1. username008 macrumors regular

Hey Everyone!

I know last year on the apple website, preorders in the USA allowed people to preorder their phones with a select carrier.

However, Canada preorders only allowed for the phone to be bought outright with no selection of carriers.

Do you think it will be the same this year? That Canadian preorders will only allow for phones to be bought outright and if we wanted to preorder a phone for an upgrade with a carrier etc. we would not be able to use the apple website?

The reason I ask is because from past forums, I've read that preordering with Rogers on their website was a hassle and I much rather preorder with Apple... however I will be bummed if I will not be able to as I am due for an upgrade with Rogers!

Any input appreciated
    Thanks Everyone!

2. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

actually, preordering on rogers' website is pretty easy, I did it last year with my 4S
    and no, you won't be able to preorder from apple's website unless you are buying an unlocked phone outright.

3. username008 thread starter macrumors regular

Good to know that it was easy - i was reading a past forum from last year where people were saying that they didn't receive it on launch day, "processing" took a long time, and they had issues with picking up their phones at rogers locations.

4. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Rogers always has issues like this. While I don't think the launch this year will be that bad, don't expect it to run perfectly smoothly either.