iPhone 5 price drop

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sidefx, Sep 11, 2013.

1. sidefx macrumors regular

I see the 16gb are dropping to $99 which is a better deal than the 5c, but I do not see the same drops for the 32gb. Bestbuy, att, and target are still at $299.

Are there any retailers dropping the 32gb?

2. weesy macrumors regular

any inclination that tmobile is going to drop their down payment pricing on the iphone 5? anyone seen anything?

3. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

I would guess that retailers who still have the 5 in stock will either sell them at full price to people who still want it, even knowing that it will be discontinued, or Apple will do a buyback so they can build their replacement stock.

If anything, I can see the secondary market value of the 5 going up as people clamor to get one before they are completely gone & replaced with the 5C.

4. havoc315 macrumors newbie

Where do you see it dropping to $99 other than Walmart?

Bestbuy still has the 5 for $199...

5. melb00m macrumors regular

I could imagine that my black/slate 32 GByte iPhone 5 could have a good resale value after yesterday...

iPhone 5C looks like a toy compared to 5 or 5S, so for somebody looking to save 100$$ it's clearly a worse choice than the 5. Plus, black/slate is no longer available as a color choice for the 5S at all, but many people liked it.

I say grab a 5 while they last!