iphone 5 question does Apple.com allow you to purchase at full retail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jroth21, Sep 11, 2012.

1. jroth21 macrumors member

Does apple.com store allow you to purchase a Verizon Wireless phone at full retail. The unlocked version is GSM and not CDMA. I will have to pay full retail to get it but am I able to do that through the apple store

Thanks for your guys help,

jroth21

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

you can buy it at full retail price on launce day, but not an unlocked phone. So you would have to pick a phone tied to a carrier, but could pay full price if you wanted to. The unlocked phones are about a month after launch.

3. jroth21 thread starter macrumors member

Yea I want a Verizon iPhone 5 and I will pay full retail I was just making sure I can do it in the apple online store instead of verizons'

Thanks,

jroth21

4. KPOM macrumors G5

I believe AT&T will unlock a full-priced phone now. Also, last year, if you went to the Apple store and purchased a full-priced AT&T phone, it was unlocked. The "official" unlocked model went on sale a month later, but the main difference was that it came with a SIM ejector kit instead of an AT&T SIM card.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Yeah, if you are not under contract, At&t will unlock your phone so that is a ninja route :)

6. KPOM macrumors G5

Unfortunately, if last year is like this year, you won't be able to order a non-contract phone from the website, at least not until the official unlocked versions are for sale. You'll need to go to a store.

7. sixteen12 macrumors regular

Really? In Canada they launch unlocked same day...I assumed the States was the same.

8. cfc4ever macrumors member

Same in Australia, launch day unlocked. Most carriers here will also unlock it for free, if you are under contract or not!!

How do you guys travel if you can't get it unlocked? When I go overseas i grab a local sim, so I can mainly get data