iPhone 5 quiet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhalandrew, Sep 22, 2012.

1. iPhalandrew macrumors member

has anyone else noticed that when you're on the phone with someone, they other person sounds very quiet? i still have the plastic covers on both the front and back so that may be the reason why. but is anyone else noticing this?

2. LUViNGMAMA macrumors newbie

Yes, had the same issue. Took off the protective cover (didn't want to just yet, bummer). Fixed the sound issue during calls.

So you're gonna have to remove the plastic, sorry to say.

3. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

last time i checked, sound waves don't penetrate through plastic covers. :cool:

4. nws0291 macrumors 6502

haha you sound like my GF. She left the covers on until the screen protectors came today. She was flipping out because she thought her phone was broken. She felt like an idiot when I told her to remove the plastic

5. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Remove the covers from the front. It covers the speaker up near the FaceTime camera my dude

6. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Now that you mention it mine does sound a little muffled. I've thought about taking it out of the box but it's just too risky. Apple should have thought about that when designing their packaging.

7. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

That's not saying much since sound would travel faster through plastic than air. The covers probably just muffled the sound of the earpiece, probably.