iPhone 5 Radio Shack

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xFierce, Sep 17, 2012.

1. xFierce macrumors newbie

Jul 29, 2011
    Since I missed the preorder for AT&T and don't want to wait 2-3 weeks in receiving my iPhone 5. I was wondering if anyone has any experience in placing a pre-order through Radio Shack. I was planning on getting the black iPhone 5. I'm wondering if anyone has encountered a problem in NOT receiving the iPhone on the same day as it is released in the past. If not what other options may I have while not being overwhelmed by massive crowd.

2. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Jul 10, 2010
    I am very interested in this also. wndeinrng if I should go to Verizon or radio shack first thing. Buying outright full retail, not sure if radio shack will sell it to me(best buy has turned me down a few times on full retail phones)
  3. aforty macrumors 65816

Nov 27, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    For what it's worth: according to my friend, who's brother is a store manager at RadioShack, they will NOT be selling iPhones at full price. Contract/subsidized only.

(I was hoping for the hookup)
  4. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

Oct 18, 2011
    In my house
    I didn't get through until 434am ET to the Apple site so of course my delivery is Oct 5.I also ordered form AT&T with same delivery date.So I strolled ito Radio Shack this morning at 11am and will be able to pick up my 5 on Fri,Sat or Sun.I cancelled both online orders.My store had 12 to sell and today was the last day to preorder.They still had some left to sell as did the 3 nearest stores.

And ignore the a horror story from last year.The ordering system is different this year.And also ignore the Best Buy stories from last year-apples and oranges.I'll never preorder online again and look at the foolishness on the Apple and AT&T threads w/3k posts already.Tracking their orders on the plane.Get a life.
  5. karmatourer, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

karmatourer macrumors 6502a

Oct 18, 2011
    In my house
    The store I ordered from still has Verizon phones available as of 450pm today for Friday pickup.No more AT&T or Sprint.
  6. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

Jun 5, 2009
    Radio Shack tends to not have 32 gigs if they do have them in stock, and if they do have them in stock the first day, it will be a total of about 10 phones from my past experiences
  7. rsnc macrumors regular

Aug 17, 2012
    the rs i went to only orders 32g in black..white or black for 16gb