iPhone 5 Receiver Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chumps52, Aug 8, 2013.

1. chumps52 macrumors regular

Hey,

My iPhone's receiver (I'm assuming it's called this, the little speaker/earpiece above the screen) recently died.
    I have no idea when it happened, I only noticed about a week ago when I couldn't hear a caller, but they could hear me. On speakerphone it works fine.

I originally though t it was because of ios 7 (I had it legitimately installed), however after multiple reboots and a restore back to iOS6 earlier (set up as new phone) it still does not work.

The lock button is also intermittent, it often takes about 5 presses for it to lock... It seems to be one sided I think (IE pressing the left side of the button works fine but the right doesn't).

I have booked a genius appointment for today, but before I go I was wondering whether there was a simple fix I am missing, and whether anyone else has had these problems?

Thanks,
    Will

2. Merkie macrumors 68020

I don't think there's any other option than getting it replaced at the Genius Bar.

3. chumps52 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks, I thought so. My worry is they'll think I've dropped it, and charge me :/

.... Which I haven't :p I'm very paranoid xD

4. Merkie macrumors 68020

I highly doubt that. Or is it smashed to pieces?

5. chumps52 thread starter macrumors regular

Just got back, they tested the lock button, but didn't even look at the speaker thing, and just replaced it :)