iPhone 5 reception issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Schmitty11, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Schmitty11 macrumors 6502

I recently updated from a iPhone 4 to the the 5. I live in a rural area with town being about 7 minutes away. We have 4G coverage but no LTE yet. When I had the 4 I would get 2 bars at my house and always have 3G when not on wifi. I've noticed now with the iPhone 5 that reception is fairly the same (I see "No Service" more, I know it may play some part into my issue) As I said earlier, my area has good 4G coverage including at my house. But I see sometimes see EDGE more than I do 4G but it kicks between the two. Living in a rural area and being on wifi most the time it's not too big of a deal to me. The real problem is when I get to a more populated area, I will have 4 or 5 bars and still be on EDGE. If I restart my phone, 4G will automatically kick in. It's not really a problem, more of an annoyance.

I know many AT&T has acknowledged something similar to this and many have reported it. But is there a know fix besides getting another phone?

2. Lianna westgate macrumors newbie

3. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Have you tried resetting your network settings? Also, AT&T might have to provision your new iPhone on their LTE network even though you are not getting LTE in your area at this time. One other thing that AT&T can do is to switch your iPhone 5 to a different tower in your area instead of the one that it currently connects to.....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.