iPhone 5 reception issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Schmitty11, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Schmitty11 macrumors 6502

May 21, 2011
    I recently updated from a iPhone 4 to the the 5. I live in a rural area with town being about 7 minutes away. We have 4G coverage but no LTE yet. When I had the 4 I would get 2 bars at my house and always have 3G when not on wifi. I've noticed now with the iPhone 5 that reception is fairly the same (I see "No Service" more, I know it may play some part into my issue) As I said earlier, my area has good 4G coverage including at my house. But I see sometimes see EDGE more than I do 4G but it kicks between the two. Living in a rural area and being on wifi most the time it's not too big of a deal to me. The real problem is when I get to a more populated area, I will have 4 or 5 bars and still be on EDGE. If I restart my phone, 4G will automatically kick in. It's not really a problem, more of an annoyance.

I know many AT&T has acknowledged something similar to this and many have reported it. But is there a know fix besides getting another phone?
  2. Lianna westgate macrumors newbie

Jun 20, 2013
  3. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

May 29, 2010
    Have you tried resetting your network settings? Also, AT&T might have to provision your new iPhone on their LTE network even though you are not getting LTE in your area at this time. One other thing that AT&T can do is to switch your iPhone 5 to a different tower in your area instead of the one that it currently connects to.....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.