iPhone 5 Replacement Hand Over (UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Haynzee, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Haynzee macrumors member

Hi all,

I received my iPhone 5 last week and it had lots of little scratches on it. I contacted Apple who were great and said they would send another.

Anyway a day later UPS rang me saying they wanted to organise to pick up the one I want to send back or do I want to wait until I get the replacement so I obviously went for the latter option, to hold onto the phone.

Anyway fast forward to today and my replacement is coming tomorrow, now my question is will UPS (assuming its them bringing it) want a straight swap i.e I get the new 1 and hand them the scratched one, or will they come get it another day. I'm asking as if they do want to swap it tomorrow I will obviously need to pack it up and stuff. I've never had to do this previously so yeh any advice would be great. :)

Btw loving the iPhone 5 :D

Haynzee

2. tarasis macrumors 6502a

tarasis

Usually you receive it a d then a day or two later they phone to arrange pick up of the other one.

3. legreen macrumors newbie

Yeah that's what happened with me. The courier delivered the new iPhone and then UPS called again to arrange collection of the faulty one at a later date. They didn't show up on 2 of the days and then did without paperwork, but that's another story!

4. Haynzee thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the responses guys thats what I was hoping as I will be out tomorrow and need the phone with me really (someone is in to sign for the new one though).

Thanks again :)