iPhone 5 replacement. UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Billy Bennett, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Billy Bennett macrumors newbie

Will apple replace my iPhone 5 if it has a small chip in the glass on the back of the phone? It also has some scratches next to the chip.
    My lock button dose not work that's why I want to know...

2. erichess22 macrumors regular

Not for free they wont, if there's any physical damage they usually wont.

3. Billy Bennett thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm talking about a very small chip, very hard to see but you can see it, if they won't replace it how much will they charge?

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It's their call. If they deem that the damage / flaw that retires repairing is down to user abuse rather than general fault then they may charge you for the repair.

No-one here can tell you the decision one agent who sees your phone will make on the day they see your phone.

So if you work on the principal you will be charged, at least you won't get any bad surprises, and if they repair for free, you'll get a nice surprise instead.

The fact that your asking at all, would indicate that you indeed think the chip is noticeable enough to be of concern.

5. Billy Bennett thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I'm 14, will they see me if I'm with a few friends? Or do I have to have an adult with me to get the problem fixed?

6. Billy Bennett thread starter macrumors newbie

Also do you know how much they would charge? Lets say my screen was smashed, how much would I have to pay?

7. erichess22 macrumors regular

I think they will still see you. And it doesn't matter if its a big crack or small crack you have to replace the whole part that's cracked and it's not cheap.

8. Billy Bennett thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, so try to get it fixed in a shop that's cheaper, but do any shops replace the small bits of glass, mines on the back at the bottom, not the camera end.