iPhone 5 Replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chuck-Norris, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a

ok i was one of the unforunate who recieved a black iphone 5 with scuffs on the bezel

i know its not a huge deal but i bought mine unlocked and paid full price so i think i deserve a device flawless both functionally and aestically.

anyways to make a long story short, i called apple and they said they can replace it. they initially offered a general repalcement where u send in ur phone first and they send u a replacement, new with retail packaging

i pushed to do it the other way around which got transfered to a senior rep and he could do it by placing a hold on credit card, but he said the replacement would be just the phone, but said because its NEW product, the replacement would be new as well.

i would prefer a retail packged one, mainly with the box and phone have matching serial numbers. i paid 900 for this phone so give me some slack heere lol

should i call back and see if they can replace with a new packaged iphone 5 or just leave it?

2. Chuck-Norris thread starter macrumors 6502a

been ;urking the forums, many epople getting fully retailed packaged replacement ones :S

3. randomnut macrumors member

Honestly is there any difference? I mean you're after a new handset and that's what you'll get. Unless the accessories are faulty it will be exactly the same?

It's like if you get a replacement handset at the Genius Bar they simply swap the handset only for a brand new one.

4. DayvG macrumors newbie

Dude, mine was delivered scratched also, was straight on the phone and within 1 hour I had notification that the replacement had been dispatched. A difference in service but at least a replacement is coming.

5. dave420 macrumors 65816

If you want a new in box replacement why don't you order a new one then return the one you have when it arrives?

6. Chuck-Norris thread starter macrumors 6502a

yes and wait 3-4 weeks!

7. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

Chuck Norris would never need to use an iPhone.

8. tito2020 macrumors 6502a

Instead of posting a thread just go to an apple store get exchanged .

9. nikhsub1 macrumors 68020

nikhsub1

I had a nick on the bezel, brought back all my retail packaging and they replaced it with a brand new retail box product - no questions asked. I suggest walking into an Apple store if you can.

10. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

at least they offered you a replacement, I had bought 2 iphone 5's black 16gb one with working lte and the other lte was not working. I confirmed by going back to the Apple store next to att, Apple said go to att get the sim replaced and that will do it. I replaced the sim still no luck, so walked back in to Apple, showed the Genius the phone, and they said they have units in stock for parts, but I had to make an appointment and their next one is not until Wednesday night???? I mean what the hell, I am in the store where I bought the damn phone and they had replacements in stock??? They said I can return it, and then re-order....well returned it, went back to my 4S and gave my wife my working 5 since she was coming off a 4, not sure I am going to get another iPhone 5 only because the way I was treated. I love the phone, but there are some things Apple needs to do to treat their faithful customers better, I think they do all this hype and short ordering to create this whole issue each year.

If I do get another I will wait until they have them in stock October or later, and from now on, I will never order on release day, I had trouble this year, and the year I got the 4, same story too, all we can do is let you return it, which is BS.

11. Chuck-Norris thread starter macrumors 6502a

that would have been my first choice but unfortunately there isnt one in my home town :(

----------

wait so u returned it instead of exchanged it, yet apple store had them in stock but wouldnt exhcnage it for u because u have to book an appointment?

12. JohnGregorio macrumors member

My iPhone has a damaged bezel as well as a faulty touch screen. The top right portion of the screen has a problem recognizing my finger. When I try to disable Wifi, it takes like 10 touches for it to finnally trigger. Also when I try to uninstall an app that's on the top right of the screen, it doesn't recognize me tapping the x.

13. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

You're gonna have to work with the options you have man. I get you want a perfect phone blah blah blah.....But if you want it NOW and you want it the serial to match the box.....I don't know what to tell you.

This ain't burger king.

[​IMG]

14. Chuck-Norris thread starter macrumors 6502a

so ur gonna do something about that right? lol

dud ei paid nearly 900 dollars for the phone, wouldnt u expect nothing but perfect for that kind of money atleast comestically

15. JohnGregorio macrumors member

Of course. I paid $500, anything less than perfect I won't accept.

It's funny how many people post replies about "its just a small scratch, deal with it, or its never going to be perfect so stop complaining"

I'm pretty sure everyone has sent back meals at restaurants for "not being perfect", returned items for "not being perfect" etc. I ordered an iPhone 5, advertised as the best ever, with the most advanced design and I get a phone that's scratched and faulty.

16. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

I understand. But you can't just have a brand new one to magically puff out of thin air. If you can find one at a store somewhere, return yours and rebuy it. If not, get a plain box replacement. but you want serials #'s to match.
    OR you have to just wait.

A lot of people paid full price, or early upgrade price. You're not the only one.

17. dave420 macrumors 65816

Well you are free to use your current one while you are waiting for the replacement. Don't you have 30 days to return?

18. JohnGregorio macrumors member

I just called Apple, got transferred to a senior advisor and the lady said she was going to send me a new iPhone 5, when I get it ship the old one back. No pre-auth charge for the new one or anything.

19. spazzer4501 macrumors newbie

My iPhone (black 16 GB) has a nick below the camera and a couple discolorations on the bezel. If I called Apple for a white replacement would they give it to me?

20. JohnGregorio macrumors member

They don't have a choice. You tell them and they will do it.

21. spazzer4501 macrumors newbie

I understand that they will have to provide me with some sort of replacement. But today I tried to exchange at the Apple store and they told me they could only facilitate replacements for the exact same device. If I call Apple support will they allow me to take a white replacement instead?

22. dave420 macrumors 65816

Since you have just purchased the phone you can return it to the place you bought it from and then exchange it for the color you desire.

23. spazzer4501 macrumors newbie

But that would take upwards of 3-4 weeks correct?

24. Dreydey macrumors newbie

First I would like to say to chuck Norris that you paid full price you should get a brand new phone because you paid for a new phone jot a scratched phone. This happened to me as well your best bet is to go to apple store they have them in stock Monday not today and exchange the phone for a new one just call the store to make sure they have them in stock

25. dave420 macrumors 65816

Where did you buy it? Some places have stock. I picked one up yesterday and canceled my preorder. The Genius bar will only exchange it with the identical device.