iPhone 5 replacements by mail

LeeMac2012

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
Anybody have any luck with the replacements they send to you by mail? I have exchanged my phone out several times at the Apple Store and they all had either scuffs or really bad yellow screens/dead pixels. I'm sending this one through the mail in hopes of the ones from the mail are a good batch. Anybody seen anything different?

Mike84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Search the forum and you will see that many are suffering from the same issue whether it is in store or via mail.

Macinva

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
I had a black 64gb 5 replaced by AppleCare through the mail. I did the express option so they put a $900+ hold on my card.

The phone I got through AppleCare had a better battery and screen, but the housing was nicked up pretty badly. I don't know what happens to make these, but it appears someone took a key chain to the edges of the whole phone.

I've since returned the phone to AT&T and got a white one.

LeeMac2012

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
I had a black 64gb 5 replaced by AppleCare through the mail. I did the express option so they put a $900+ hold on my card.

The phone I got through AppleCare had a better battery and screen, but the housing was nicked up pretty badly. I don't know what happens to make these, but it appears someone took a key chain to the edges of the whole phone.

I've since returned the phone to AT&T and got a white one.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I'm hoping this one is the last one but we will see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.