iPhone 5 Reservations, Who got this gem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by onepremiere, Sep 14, 2012.

1. onepremiere macrumors regular

While I was ordering the phone through the Apple Store App, I got a message saying, "We've got an iPhone for you." After the store could not connect with AT&T to verify information.

At 12:31 AM PDT I received an Email with a Reservation Number.

Reservation Confirmation

Reservation Number: ----
    Reserved on September 14, 2012
    Dear Apple Customer,
    Your iPhone has been reserved and your reservation number is: ----

We will email when we’re able to reach the carrier systems. The email will include instructions to complete your order as well as the return link. You will have 24 hours from the time the email is sent to return to the Apple Online store to proceed with your order. If you do not complete your purchase within 24 hours, your reservation will be canceled.

You may check the status of your reservation at any time by visiting buyiphone.apple.com/status.

Thank you,
    The Apple Online Store

About an hour later I received this.

Complete Your iPhone Order

Reservation Number: ----
    Reserved on September 14, 2012
    Dear Apple Customer,
    We’re ready to proceed with your iPhone order. Your reservation is: ----

Please click here to return to the Apple Online Store. To maintain the delivery priority of your iPhone order, you will need to complete your purchase by Saturday, September 15, 5:00PM PDT. If you do not complete your purchase by that time, your reservation will be canceled.

If you have any issues completing your order, please call 1-800-MY-APPLE.

Thank you,
    The Apple Online Store

I completed my order at 6:00AM, the order has been received but has not begun processing.

During the entire order process I was given the 9/21 Date, all the way up to the end.

Thank you for your order

Order Number: ----
    Ordered on Sep 14, 2012

Items to be Shipped
    iPhone 5 16GB Black & Slate (GSM), AT&T
    $199.00
    $199.00
    Available to ship: 2 weeks
    Delivers Within 5 days after shipping by Standard Shipping

Anyone else fall into this mess?

What was the outcome?

I would like to assume since I received a reservation that I'd keep my place in line. Anyone confirm that?

2. sean156s macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat as you. Got the "reserved" e-mail from Apple around 12:15PST when the shipping date was 9/21 and when I completed the follow-up e-mail, the shipping said 2 weeks. There was another thread where a few people mentioned the same situation:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1440978&page=2

but when they checked their order status a few hours later, the shipping date was changed to 9/21. I can't get to the order status page on Apple (must be too many server hits), but hopefully ours will change to 9/21 soon as well.

----------

Typed too soon. My order status page is back up and shows delivers 9/21. Hope the same happens for you soon!

3. onepremiere thread starter macrumors regular

Good info, thank you for the link! Congrats.

Fingers crossed...:eek:

4. onepremiere thread starter macrumors regular

Order Status Updated........

9/21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fully Torqued Right Now. Haha.