iPhone 5 Return Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applefanboy5, Oct 10, 2012.

1. applefanboy5 macrumors member

If i buy an iPhone 5 from either Verizon, best buy or radio shack and it comes defected will i be able to return it to an apple store?

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

To exchange, yes. To obtain refund, I wouldn't advise it. Return to the place of purchase.

3. applefanboy5 thread starter macrumors member

yeah i meant exchange

4. dotme macrumors 6502a

Yep - Apple is the manufacturer, and they issue the warranty - which, in part, states that they will provide remedy if there is a defect in materials or workmanship (or words to that effect). So if you need to exchange, you can deal with them - and it's a "warranty claim" - doesn't matter where it was purchased.

5. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Keep in mind that any exchange through them will be a warranty replacement . meaning that they will replace the Phone only, It will not be a retail replacement.

because of this if you do that and continue to have issues or decide you dont like the phone, you option to return the phone in 30 days for a refund will no longer apply (even if you bring it back to the place of purchase)

once you make a warranty claim your return window vanishes.

6. kellte2 macrumors regular

This keeps coming up and continues to be debunked. Many have been able to return their devices after being disgusted with the subpar QC for this launch. I am one of those people. Just search this forum to find similar results for yourself.

7. blerns3 macrumors 6502

Can you return a 64gb bought from a carrier to Apple and exchange it for a lower capacity phone?

8. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

You can't return an iPhone bought from a carrier to Apple.

9. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Sure if they bought it from apple. but not if they bought it from someone else.

I have a friend going through this now. bought from ATT, warranty exchange at apple, decided there were too many issues so tried to return to att and was refused because the serial# did not match what was sold to him.

10. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

If you live near an Apple store you also have the option to make a genius bar appointment and add AppleCare + ... Research it ... It will extend your warranty and also give you cheap swaps if you have accidental damage. Genius appointment required to check for existing damage.

11. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

Yes. I bought an iPad from Best Buy and a week later exchanged at an Apple store due to a defect. No questions asked, as long as the defect is genuine and the product is still covered under warranty.