iPhone 5 rumored in-cell IGZO display...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SR71, Aug 31, 2012.

1. SR71 macrumors 68000

I know the iPhone 5 hasn't been released yet, but I'm not sure if other phones are already using this display technology. Will this display tech make the colors on the iPhone look better? Will blacks be deeper and will whites be whiter?

Anyone know of any other phones that use this tech, or will the iPhone be the first of its kind?

2. lazard macrumors 65816

No. IGZO has nothing to do with the color display. In Apple's case, it's just for power efficiency.

3. zbarvian macrumors 68010

Is the IGZO tech even rumored for the next iPhone? I thought that was a Sharp-only technology, and that the it was only supposed to use the in-cell touch panel.

4. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

I thought I remembered reading an article that mentioned the next iPhone getting the IGZO display since it was ready for production since it didn't make it to the iPad 3 in time for it's release earlier this year.

Ahh, I see. Wouldn't the in-cell display tech help with colors since the display becomes thinner, thus letting more light through? I dunno if that's even correct, but it seems to make sense.

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Oh God, I can see the posts a month from now...

"which display is my new iPhone?"
    "do I have the IGZO display?"
    "6 iPhones and none were the IGZO display, i hate Apple"