Iphone 5 screen brightness/dullness

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mykweb, Oct 15, 2012.

1. mykweb macrumors member

Afternoon all.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is having any issues with the Iphone 5 screen brightness.

I got my White Iphone 5 16gb on release day direct from Apple.

I have over the past few weeks encountered this issue a few times.

What happens is when I unlock the phone after receiving a text, email or ebay notification the screen goes dull. Almost like someone has turned the brightness down on the screen.

This first happened 2 hours after getting the phone. I instantly disabled the auto brightness, and set the brightness to about 60%.

A few days later I unlocked the phone to make a call and the screen was almost black, hard to see icons etc. The lock screen was fine. Went into the brightness and it was sitting at 0%. Adjusted it back to 60%

its since done this a few times. Even on the odd occasion its set the auto brightness back to on.

I setup my Iphone from scratch as my old ios6 backup from my iphone 4 failed :( I have since restored a fresh copy of IOS6 back onto the phone, and restored a backup. Same outcome. I then downloaded ios6 again and set the phone up as new and copied over all my Icloud contacts and calenders and then redone all my settings (proper pain in the ass) However its done it again.

Anyone else seen this. I don't think its a proximity sensor issue as the phone cancels the screen when on calls, but I have noticed sometimes when in my pocket it activates the screen and changes tracks on Itunes. Which is a pain when your in the groove :)

Mike

2. negrohero9 macrumors regular

negrohero9

this is kind of the the same issue addressed in this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15876421#post15876421
    no solution as i know of.