iPhone 5 screen - died after 2.5 hours

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by khuypen, Sep 21, 2012.

1. khuypen macrumors newbie

I got my iphone 5 this morning. It had no charge, so I charged it on my Mac. Got it activated and finished charging. In the mean time, my service on ATT ended as I activated a VZ phone. I pick up the iphone 5, and hold the home button to bring up Siri since i had never used it. I do that and it brings up Siri, the screen fades to black and no longer functions. The iPhone is still on.

I tried a hard reset and restored the iphone to factory settings to no avail.

Now i am hoping that i can get a replacement at the Apple Store.

This iPhone experience has not been very good this time around. For the time i did get to the screen and use it while setting up, it seems nice.

2. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

Under normal circumstances, getting a "lemon" is annoying, but not a big deal... It happens.

BUT, for this phone. It is a disaster cuz you have to wait weeks to get it replaced. They should have a small reserve stock for the "lemon" iPhones IMO.

3. RyanTheGeneral macrumors regular

Hopefully you can get a replacement fast and with no problems. Good luck

4. khuypen thread starter macrumors newbie

got a new iphone

so i went to my local apple store. They still had Sprint and Verizon iphones in the store. they opened mine up said the connectors were fine but the screen still didnt work so they gave me a new iphone. took 45 minutes since it was a pretty full store. All in all i am happy i got a new phone.