iPhone 5 screen scracthed out of box

Jmarziano

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
Philadelphia
I purchased my iPhone 5 on friday morning at my local AT&T store. I kept the factory plastic on the front and back until I got to work and took if off to see a scratch on the screen already. Any thoughts on what I should do?

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
I purchased my iPhone 5 on friday morning at my local AT&T store. I kept the factory plastic on the front and back until I got to work and took if off to see a scratch on the screen already. Any thoughts on what I should do?
Call Apple.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Interestingly enough, my phone, as soon as I opened the box, had a nice large scratch across the screen protector... screen was PRISTINE.

Jmarziano

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
Philadelphia
Call Apple.
Okay. I'll call them this afternoon. Do you think I should go to my local Apple store or just call Apple first. I also was having some issues with connecting to wifi until i did a soft reset.

----------

Interestingly enough, my phone, as soon as I opened the box, had a nice large scratch across the screen protector... screen was PRISTINE.
Yeah that's what I thought it was at first. I thought it was on the screen protector then I lift it up and nope on the phone screen itself. I knew if I did anything on friday by the time I got home from work they would be sold out.

MrGimper

macrumors 603
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Seriously, what is it with these type of dumb questions?

What do you think you should do? Are you expecting people to tell you to keep it and you agree?

Of course you should get it swapped.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Seriously, what is it with these type of dumb questions?

What do you think you should do? Are you expecting people to tell you to keep it and you agree?

Of course you should get it swapped.
I thinks its a what can i make a thread about scenario !

MrGimper

macrumors 603
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I thinks its a what can i make a thread about scenario !
I know.... it's getting stupid. OK so I'm new here, but all these stupid threads from people asking strangers what they should do if they aren't happy with their device for one reason or another is comedy.

I understand people posting to see if a particular issue is unique to them, or more widespread, but "my phone has a scratched screen" or "it's got dents in it"..... erm, do you really need to ask what to do?

G.