iPhone 5 screen scracthed out of box

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jmarziano, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Jmarziano macrumors member

I purchased my iPhone 5 on friday morning at my local AT&T store. I kept the factory plastic on the front and back until I got to work and took if off to see a scratch on the screen already. Any thoughts on what I should do?

2. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Call Apple.

3. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Interestingly enough, my phone, as soon as I opened the box, had a nice large scratch across the screen protector... screen was PRISTINE.

4. Jmarziano thread starter macrumors member

Okay. I'll call them this afternoon. Do you think I should go to my local Apple store or just call Apple first. I also was having some issues with connecting to wifi until i did a soft reset.

----------

Yeah that's what I thought it was at first. I thought it was on the screen protector then I lift it up and nope on the phone screen itself. I knew if I did anything on friday by the time I got home from work they would be sold out.

5. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Seriously, what is it with these type of dumb questions?

What do you think you should do? Are you expecting people to tell you to keep it and you agree?

Of course you should get it swapped.

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I thinks its a what can i make a thread about scenario !

7. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I know.... it's getting stupid. OK so I'm new here, but all these stupid threads from people asking strangers what they should do if they aren't happy with their device for one reason or another is comedy.

I understand people posting to see if a particular issue is unique to them, or more widespread, but "my phone has a scratched screen" or "it's got dents in it"..... erm, do you really need to ask what to do?

G.