iphone 5 screen sometimes unresponsive

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xxnoelziexx, Sep 26, 2012.

1. xxnoelziexx macrumors member

Got my new iphone 5 on launch day. Ive been pretty happy with it overall. But i've noticed that sometimes i have to double tap an app before it opens, particularly apps on the right hand side of the screen. I cannot notice a pattern as it just happens randomly. Comparing it to the 4s, I never had this issue. Been testing the 5 and wondering if its the way im pressing the screen, meaning inbetween apps... am i tapping inaccurately? I know you can't see the way I'm typing but im not doing it any differently to the way i did with the 4s. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Chedd macrumors member

I believe I have noticed this also. I myself wasn't sure if I just wasn't pressing hard enough.

3. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

I noticed this too. I just wonder if they are all like that. Sometimes there seem to be a delay when hitting things too. So I'm hoping it can be fixed with a software update?

4. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I notice it the most when texting or using the keyboard. Seems like some keys will not respond on first click if I am speed typing.

5. chele519 macrumors regular

I had this happen last night when I pressed the button to end a call. I went in tonight for a genius bar appt to get apple care and they guy told me it may have been too many apps open. I had been playing with the phone since I got it and hadn't closed anything. We'll see if it happens again since I've since learned how to close the apps.

6. sepsep macrumors newbie