iPhone 5 Screen Yellow Tint Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dadoftwogirls, Sep 21, 2012.

1. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

My new iPhone 5 screen has a very distinctive yellow tint to it. Compared it to my iPhone 4S and iPad and it is very evident. Anyone else notice or have the same problem? Viewed on a white screen on each device, same brightness settings, etc...

2. diegoesk macrumors regular

3. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Come on...really? You're the ONLY one then. Every one i've seen has a beautiful screen.

4. GuitarDTO macrumors 6502a

I know what he means, the screen is definitely warmer than the iPhone 4 (not sure about 4s). Mine is slightly yellowish as well, however I wouldn't characterize it as a problem, it actually looks very similar to my New iPad. The iPhone 4 is actually a bit cool in color if anything. What Gen iPad do you have??

5. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Yeh I'm actually really surprised there hasn't been a widespread yellow/display issue.

Mine and my dads are both great! I was actually sort of scared powering it up first time

My 4s screen sucked until I threw color profiles tweak into the mix

6. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

my iphone 5 makes my 4s look blue!

the 5 is DEFINATELY "warmer" as stated above. Honestly, I wouldn't say it looks yellow... almost more true white than my 4s. Very noticable side-by-side. Unnoticable standalone.

7. GuitarDTO macrumors 6502a

Also keep in mind OP, the yellow tint often will clear up as the screen is used more. I remember reading something about the new iPad when this was being brought up that the adhesive used can cause tint issues, and when the screen heats over normal use it can go away.

8. Peligroso macrumors member

Peligroso

If it is concentrated in a certain area of the screen it could just be glue that hasn't dried yet. But if it is indeed the whole screen it could have something to do with the new LCD's.

9. dadoftwogirls thread starter macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

10. ProMod macrumors 6502a

Mine is definitely warmer than my 4. It doesn't necessarily look bad, but my wife's white 5 she got today just pops. My black 5 looks a bit dull when comparing the two. I'll give it a few days and decide what to do I guess.