iPhone 5 Scuff-free Yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Starfyre, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Starfyre macrumors 68020

Starfyre

If I were to go to an apple store to purchase an unsubsidized iPhone 5 from Verizon at the Apple store at this point, will it be scuff free?

Does the stricter requirements in manufacturing impact any change to the type of material used for the Black iPhone 5 that make it less prone to scratching?

2. gentlefury macrumors 68030

3. MacBreezy macrumors regular

Go buy a phone and find out. They have not changed the material. It's the same. Buy a case if you don't want scratches.

4. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

It's not that the changes were making them less prone to scratching, it is that less phones with scratches end up in boxes and in our hands.

Mine was scratch free when I purchased.

5. GP20 macrumors member

At this point apple doesn't care if the iPhone scuffs up easily after you receive it. They're not gonna change the design. What's done is done as far as the design flaw goes. All they care about is delivering it as flawlessly as possible so it doesn't continue to cost them money. After you receive it and if you're the one who has the possession of the phone when it scratches, it's all on you. The black will continue to show scuff marks easily. That part won't change. You can't make chicken soup out of chicken sheit. You can receive a flawless Iphone and sooner than later it will scuff up easily.

I got a badly scuffed up black on the launch day, returned it the next day for a flawless white. It's been 3 weeks since I've had the white one. But I still don't like white and am prepared to get another black and just put up with the chips / scuffs.