iPhone 5 - seeking thin 360º protection case!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Nostalgia, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Nostalgia macrumors member

Dear all,

I´m looking for a case, i was hoping you could help me. I´ve already searched through the forums but couldn´t quite find what i´m looking for...

-360º protection (i´ve seen many good cases BUT don´t have the bottom part, and only the top, or it´s a snap case with no up & down protection - overall, i want all bezels covered)

-smooth material (something like TPU or something like that, no rubber or any sticky material, this because i slide it up and down in my pocket and i don´t like it being "sticky" i want it "slidy"/gripy enough for it to slide nicely ahahah)

-it can be any type of case, bumper or not, but i would prefer a "normal" case rather than a bumper.

-the thinner the better, the less bulk the better, the less weight added the better (key part of what i´m looking for).

-decent price (below 30. price point and good quality/price relation)

I´m currently using the Belkin Grip Sheer(http://www.cultofmac.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/IMG_5727.jpg) that one.. things i don´t like: it´s way to grippy, makes the phone "bigger", way to high lay-in-table design (hurts when you put it on your ear in a call for example), ugly and boring case.

Things i´ve searched and looks nice: spigen iphone 5 case slim armor ; spigen Case Linear EX Slim Metal ... that´s about it. but i´m not 100% happy with those, the first case isn´t thin at all and the second one is a bumper with no back protection, even though it gives you back protection films...

I might seem a bit picky but i hope you can help me out!

Best,
    Nostalgia

2. Masatsui macrumors newbie

Power support air jacket set would be your best option imo $10 over your budget though. If not then switcheasy tones is pretty good too. Poetic atmosphere i hear is good as well

3. Kevin813 macrumors newbie

Definitely the power support air jacket. It is the only one that fits you specifications. Except for the price. But don't worry, it's worth it.

4. neotope macrumors regular

5. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Belkin Grip Candy Sheer.

or the Power Support Air Jacket.

6. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I currently have the power support clear air jacket for my white iphone 5. Looks great , doesn't interfere with your iphone's beauty .

7. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

My vote is to the Powersupport Air Jacket too. Plus you get screen protectors from them, anti-glare and crystal.

8. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

9. scott99 macrumors 6502a

10. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

Asuming it doesn't pop open on impact probably a good bit but when your seeking a thin case the protection will be kinda minimal as well.

11. Cyclops13 macrumors newbie

www.tridentcase.com

Hello! Check out the Apollo case from www.tridentcase.com This case is pretty thin, offers a great level of protection and many color choices to choose from.

12. Grassso macrumors newbie

13. BHP41, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013

BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

You're looking for the Magpul Field Case. $13

EDIT: Here's a review of the case. I can say hands down that this is where my case searched STOPPED.

http://www.gadgetmac.com/reviews/magpul-field-case-for-iphone-5-review.html

14. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

15. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

It's clear plastic so I'm sure it scratches but better the case than the phone.

16. Nostalgia thread starter macrumors member

Oh wow! That is just perfect dear god.

My search has indeed come to an end. Thank you very much. Now time to see who can ship it at a decent price to europe/portugal.

Thanks everyone else who gave their input, appreciate it.

Cheers

17. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Belkin Grip Candy Sheer. It's pretty much a slim bumper with a transparent backplate, so it protects all around, including a 'lay-on-the-table lip'. It looks and feels awesome, too. And no, it's not slippery.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. qnssekr macrumors member