iPhone 5 selling value/method of selling

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emmanevada, Oct 17, 2013.

1. emmanevada macrumors member

I'm selling my black verizon 16gb 5, but I'm not sure where yet. I'm frustrated because the other day I got a quote for 350 on gazelle.com but I didn't accept it because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do yet. Today, I got a quote for 260 from gazelle. I guess a lot of people are selling to them, but that just seems way too low especially since my phone is in excellent condition. Do you think their quote could go back up eventually? It's still a relatively new phone.

I'm also nervous to try ebay because of the scamming possiblity. Where did you all sell and what did you get?

2. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Best bet is craigslist. What you will get for it all depends on your current market. If everyone in your town is selling their iPhone 5 right now, you might have to lower your price a little bit. Another small factor is what will come with the phone. (Box, OEM accessories etc.

3. vonWachtstain macrumors regular

I sold my wife's 16GB iP5 one week before 5S release for $500 and I sold mine one week after for $500. Our phones looked like brand new and I didn't update mine to iOS7 which was big selling point. Buyer would have not bought it if my iPhone had iOS7 installed. Its all about presentation. Upload nice pictures to lure in buyers. Also selling on CL is a waiting game. But I have to agree with others that you waited to long. Market is flooded with them right now and they go for 300-400.

4. sk24iam macrumors regular

I agree with what was posted above, you will get the most money on Craigslist. Just make sure to put a good listing up with good pictures so you will receive quality buyers in return. Of course you will also receive a handful of spam emails and low ball offers but you can just ignore/delete those emails. Only accept cash and don't ship it. Meet in person to make the exchange.

I think you can get a lot more money on eBay than Gazelle. If you're nervous about using eBay, make sure you take quality pictures of the ESN# and the condition the phone is in before you send it to the buyer. This way you can prove the phone's condition before it was sent. Also make sure to ship it with insurance, tracking, and signature at delivery.

5. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Sold a iPhone 5 16GB AT&T White - Perfect Condition, Box, Cable, Adapter, Brand New Earpods for $425 on CL a week ago.

6. afinch1992 macrumors 6502

afinch1992

Had to sell my flawless 5 for $300 on CL. I'm on sprint though, so it was my asking price. As soon as my family plan is up, bye bye sprint

7. cwosigns macrumors 65816

I sold a mint 32 gig white Verizon iPhone 5 with a year of AppleCare left for $450. It was the best price I could get on craigslist.