iPhone 5 send iMessage and Find Friends

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ant2009, Jan 1, 2013.

1. ant2009 macrumors member

Hello,

I have an iPhone5 and I have 2 questions regarding iMessage and 'Find my Friends' app.

iMessage: My friend has an iPad Mini LTE and he sends me an iMessage on his 3G network. However, for my iPhone I don't have a data plan (Data plans are expensive here when combined with voice calls), I can only make calls. Its only when I have a wifi connection I can get data. My question is, if he send a message on iMessage can I still receive it; if I an NOT connected to a Wifi AP? I have test this, and it didn't work. I just want to be sure.

Find my Friends: Is it still possible to have friends find me on my iPhone if I am not connected to the Internet? Would this be the same case for 'Find my iPhone' if I am not connected to the Internet?

Many thanks for any advice,

2. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

You can't use any of those services without a data/Internet connection. You will receive in messages the next time you're connected.

Where do you live that you get a choice to have a data plan on an iPhone?

3. ant2009 thread starter macrumors member

Hello,

I live in Thailand. We do have data plans from our telecomm providers. However, they are expensive to have and they don't give you much data. For the cheapest data plan you only get 100 MB of data per month.

Thanks,