iPhone 5 Serial Number Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NDefer, Feb 14, 2013.

1. NDefer macrumors member

Is the Iphone 5 serial number on the back of the iphone 5? if not, is there any number on the back that is unique and corresponds with a number on the box, in order to figure out which Iphone belongs to which person?

Perhaps the IMEA number or whatever it is called? Basically trying to varify ownership of an iphone. Thanks in advance

2. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

Can't you go to settings and get those numbers to then verify? Settings ->General ->about

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

This. The serial number and IMEI number, it's all here.

4. NDefer thread starter macrumors member

the back IMEI number should match the box 100% of the time right? No exceptions?

5. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

Yes, unless like mine, I had to have it replaced at an Apple store and they did not give me a new box, charger, or anything else. Therefore I have the original box, but an iPhone with a different IEMI number because it has been replaced. The best way I have found to confirm this is to meet the person at the phone store and have them verify that the phone is legit

6. alice04 macrumors regular

alice04

The best way is to go to Setting - About - then Serial Number :)

7. kevjen888 macrumors 6502

quick question about your replacement phone. i got mine iphone 5 replaced today at an apple store, they gave me the same a la cart phone (without accessories), do you know if they're brand new? i'm afraid those are refurbished phones.

8. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

When I got my 4s replaced I ask if it was a refurb, they said no, but not sure they were being honest.

That being said, in a way I prefer referb as I know it has been rebuilt and everything that needed to be redone has been. My 2 iPads are refurb, bought them that way and they are great. I check the procedure and was told that they "remanuacture them with new parts and a case as needed. So I figure not bad and it is covered by 1 year warranty.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

With the iPhone 5, if the model number in Settings—>General—>About begins with 'ND' it's a refurbished phone (with the sole exception if you had your phone replaced within the first month of release—not enough returned phones to make refurbished ones).

10. Merkie macrumors 68020