iPhone 5 shipped.. but funds were sent back into bank account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by r3dsh1ft, Sep 19, 2012.

1. r3dsh1ft macrumors newbie

I ordered the iPhone 5 the day it released at 12:17. it still says its preparing for shipment. i got the tracking number using the UPS method. Verizon wireless even called me the other day for my account info in order to port my phone number (use to have at&t)

however I wake up this morning to find the funds back into my bank account..

i don't get it. they didnt cancel my order and the tracking number still works too. what's going on?

2. highertechnology macrumors 6502

This happens every time. Welcome to the world of iPhone pre-order. You will get your phone and just when you think you got it for free, they will get their money.

3. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

Mine did the same. Checked this morning and the funds were released. Haven't received an email on tracking but when I check my order status it shows me my tracking number and a shipped date of 9/17.

4. marvin4653 macrumors regular

Was your original charge only a pending charge? If so that's pretty normal. My pending charge dropped off today too, and I have a (non-functioning) tracking number on ATT's status page. You'll likely see a final charge show up soon.

5. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I'm kinda surprised that this never happened with mine. It has every other launch, but this time the charge was pending until maybe yesterday, when it went final. Funds still out. No sweat either way, just different.

6. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

It will get taken out when it's time. Just make sure you got it covered and you'll be fine, stop checking.