iPhone 5 Signal Loss

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dtbratt, Apr 10, 2013.

1. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

Weird issue my wifes iPhone 5 has been having. About several times a day it will just start Searching for a signal. It will come back within 20 secs though.

Had the SIM replaced and the hardware replaced and it still happens.

I thought it might be a Network issue, but I have an iPhone 5 as well and we are both with the same carrier and this does not happen with my iPhone.

I even swapped our SIMs and her iPhone will still Search for a network several times with my SIM installed.

Could the hardware replacement have the same problem? lol

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Since you have already swapped phones with your phone and the problem goes away it's time to call/visit Apple. Replacing it should solve the problem.

3. bcooln macrumors regular

my iphone 5 lost singal all the time, just put it into my pocket, next thing i know, "no service" lol, or sometime just leave it alone, i can see it drop from 4 bar to 1 then no service, i got it replace too, but still the same issue, i guess it is just an iphone 5 thing

4. dtbratt thread starter macrumors 6502

dtbratt

Problem has never gone away. The replacement I got has been doing the same, and I put my SIM in her phone and her phone would still Search for network.

I guess I got unlucky with the second iPhone. Were heading to the Apple Store soon it seems like it.

----------

Seems strange as it has started recently.

5. mainevent3405 macrumors newbie

Let me know how the replacement works out. Same thing started happening to mine, which I've had for about a week and a half now. Random drops of data. Text messages, some send some don't. Using Tmobile. This was happening before and now after the update Monday.

6. dtbratt thread starter macrumors 6502

dtbratt

Got the 2nd replacement today. With a new SIM.

Shall see how it goes.

7. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe