iPhone 5 sim free

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dvir971, Sep 21, 2012.

1. dvir971 macrumors regular

dvir971

when will the sim free iPhone 5 will start to be sold in the US?
    I dont see it in the website now..

2. honeygirl macrumors member

The iPhone 5 has been launching across the world this evening, starting in Australia and now extending into Europe. The iPhone 5 will go on sale in the U.S. at 8am local time.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I think we are quite lucky in the Uk.

The network im on {02} are selling this as pay as you go from the get go at £530. And carphone warehouse are selling it sim free too at the same price.

Although rumour is they want to sell to contract customers initially !

When the 4 and 4s were released we had to wait 3-4 months before getting them on payg. :(

4. dvir971 thread starter macrumors regular

dvir971

But when is the sim free version released in USA? I mean without career

5. bmwman3241 macrumors regular

Is CarPhone Warehouse selling unlocked sim/contract free? I have checked their website but all I see is an option to buy with a contract.

Edit: Just checked right now, and I am seeing the sim-free option now. Expected delivery shows as 3 days, and idea how reliable that is?

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Not sure. I just received thus text from cpw too

Itching to get your hands on the new iPhone 5? Good news, it's now available at your Carphone Warehouse store at 52-53 Briggate, Leeds, LS16HD. Stock is limited, so hurry down to make sure you don't miss out! To stop msgs txt STOP to 80091

7. OzMaqsood macrumors newbie

Anybody assuming the iPhones bought from Carphone Warehouse as SIM Free may be in for a surprise. I found this handy tidbit hidden away at the bottom of the page:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/iphone-5?intcmp=HP_iPh5

"iPhone will lock itself to the network of the first SIM card that is used in the phone. Subsequently attempting to use it on any other network, for example by replacing the SIM card, may mean it becomes permanently unusable. SIM free iPhones can only be used with a UK-network SIM card, and will not accept foreign SIM cards."

I shall be calling up and cancelling my order. Talk about mis-selling!