iPhone 5 sim in iPhone 4s switch (unlimited data)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spyda, Sep 22, 2013.

1. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

I plan on inserting my sim from my iPhone 5 into an iPhone 4s until my new phone arrives. Can anyone confirm that this won't **** up/remove my unlimited data plan? I know iPhone 5 is "LTE capable" whereas the 4s is not...just want to make sure it won't change anything and lose my data plan if I do.

2. KPOM macrumors G5

No, that should work fine. Those going from a 4s to a 5 or 5s need to call AT&T to get LTE provisioned (but that doesn't affect unlimited, either), but that's not an issue the other way around since you are already provisioned for 2G and 3G (what they call "4G"). Be aware that while on "4G" instead of LTE they start throttling at 3GB instead of 5GB.

3. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

You'll have to put your nano sim into a micro sim adapter. I've done this countless times and it won't mess up your plan. Whatever you do, DO NOT call AT&T and update your IMEI number. The iPhone 5 data plan (data unlimited for iPhone 4G LTE) is perfectly capable for an iPhone 4S. You'll get HSPA+ only.

----------

Nope. He won't be throttled until 5GB if he has the iPhone 5 unlimited plan; despite using a 4S. That's determined by the plan.

4. spyda thread starter macrumors 6502a

spyda

Alright thanks for the response guys. Appreciate it.