iPhone 5 Slate staining?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Djs621, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Djs621 macrumors regular

How susceptible do you think the slate back of the iPhone 5 would be to staining. I don't remember the specific product or object I noticed this on, maybe you guys can help, but I Iremember it had a matte slate finish and with it were little grease stains on it.

I love the design of the IPhone 5 and I was looking forward to not using a case. I hope this doesn't become an issue.

2. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

3. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Why does everyone get so much "grease" on their phones? its called purell or soap and water folks, readily available.

Who knows how it will stain? It's not in anyones hands for any amount of time to determine anything like that.....

4. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

It's anodized aluminum so I feel like it wouldn't stain very easily. It is like the old iPod minis I think.

5. onepremiere macrumors regular

6. Djs621 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry for speculating on a site called "macrumors"

7. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

you get a better cell signal if you deep fry it. Seriously, try it! :D

8. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It's not made out of real slate staining won't happen. You'll be able to get greasy fingerprints on it like any other device on the market.

9. eleite macrumors regular

eleite

I believe it's made of aluminum, which does not stain easily unless exposed to heavy amounts of grease or outdoor weather. What exactly are you planning to do with your iPhone? :eek:

Get a case for it. :p

10. Djs621 thread starter macrumors regular

Unless your an OCD psychopath your hands are always going to contain a natural amount of oil. The same oil that allows the touch screen to operate.

11. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Yeah, but you're basically guessing, that is why you're getting some flack. At least a rumor is based on some shred of evidence.

Look, the color is called "Slate", the material is definitely not. Although that'd be awesome if that happened. Can you imagine the weight of that thing if it was slate? I bet the angle would be: "Heavier is better!". People would eat that up.

Hopefully iPhone 6 is made of marble and 1/4" pane glass.
    "8 Pounds, in your pocket"

EDIT: ewww...

12. onepremiere macrumors regular

Steve Jobs hands contain no natural oil.