iPhone 5 sleep/wake button

iWeldonJ

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Is the sleep wake button suppose to be practically flush on the iPhone 5 or is it suppose to be similar to the iPhone 4 and 4S?

Mine is distinctively almost flush and hard to press. Not a big deal, but tonight I noticed that right below the button with the screen facing me I see a sliver of light bleeding through that spot. I'm thinking that area might be defected for my iPhone 5.

How does everyone else's feel?

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Is the sleep wake button suppose to be practically flush on the iPhone 5 or is it suppose to be similar to the iPhone 4 and 4S?

Mine is distinctively almost flush and hard to press. Not a big deal, but tonight I noticed that right below the button with the screen facing me I see a sliver of light bleeding through that spot. I'm thinking that area might be defected for my iPhone 5.

How does everyone else's feel?
I noticed the same thing

VSMacOne

macrumors 601
Oct 18, 2008
Mine is definitely more flush than 4S but not hard to press. It'll get worse over time so you may want to get it exchanged while you can.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
What I'm hearing from friends seems to indicate what may be a wide magin for error in production tolerances when it comes to the fit of the button within the opening. It seems to favor looseness as opposed to the button binding, which makes sense.