iPhone 5 sound quality

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nautigar, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Nautigar macrumors regular

Hello everybody,

since I use my iPhone as an iPod most of the time, I'd be interested to hear how the new iPhone's sound quality compares to the iPhone 4 (which is great in that respect). Can someone with decent headphones comment? (I'm using high end Shure headphones.) Any input is welcome!

Matthias.

2. Sputnek macrumors regular

I'm use the B&W P5's or Bose MIE2i with my iPhone 4 and 5. I'd say there is a slight increase in sound resonance, but I might just be tricking myself into thinking that. For the most part it's only noticeable on a few pieces of music.

Final verdict: Placebo effect.

3. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Quite a difference for me with my custom IEMs. The treble is less muffled and the bass is richer. Overall, I'd describe it as a 'warmer' sound compared to bright highs of the 4S.

For me, anyway.

4. zhandri macrumors 6502

i found the sound to be slightly better compared to the 4S, definitely richer bass. i'm also using shure headphones. but wow i was impressed by the new speakers. those new speakers even make listening to music without the headphones enjoyable. 10000 times better than the 4S :D

5. MattBookBower macrumors member

Anyone found that the iPhone 5 seems to be quiter when listening to music compared to 4 and 4S?

Or is it just me?

Edit: I'm using Beats By Dre over ear headphones.

6. hobsgrg macrumors 6502

I also use Hugh end share (Se535) and the sound quality is better compared to 4S, richer bass as others have said

7. Heinkle macrumors newbie

I am using Sennheiser HD595s and the sound does seem improved over the 4 (never tried the 4S). Rich bass, clear mids. Comparable to something like the Sony Walkman X series.

Overall I am impressed with the sound output in both the iPhone 5 and iPad (3)

8. Nautigar thread starter macrumors regular