Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brock2621

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Kentucky
I tried to search for a definitive answer but there is a such a pleathera of posts using these words it was hard.

I don't remember because I bought my 4s subsidized, but was there an option to order the 4s contract free on preorder day last year?

I'm still under contract and just want to preorder a contract free 64gb iPhone 5 but want to make sure I get a preorder and don't have to wait for launch day in lines.

indyzzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2010
Isnt Virgin mobile now selling iphones ? Would that work on sprint since they are owned by sprint ?

brock2621

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Kentucky
Isnt Virgin mobile now selling iphones ? Would that work on sprint since they are owned by sprint ?

Not sure... I don't have a contract with Virgin mobile though. They might license Sprint towers but I still need a contract free phone from somewhere on preorder day. I'm just worried Apple won't have that option upon checkout.

indyzzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2010
Yes. Couldn't you have just looked at their website?

Was trying to suggest a possible solution since as far as I know you dont need to have a contract with Virgin. So you could probably reuse their iphone on Sprint since they are owned by sprint......I have not done any research on this, but it may be worth looking into.

I guess that was above your pay grade though, since you were too busy using your brain to chide others instead of contributing something helpful :)

Here is a link totheir no contract plans : http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phone-plans/

So you can buy your iphone from them if they have the iphone 5. Can you use that on Sprint ?

i found some conflicting answers in this year old thread:
http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-v/305267-using-virgin-mobile-sprint.html

Last edited:

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
Was trying to suggest a possible solution since as far as I know you dont need to have a contract with Virgin. So you could probably reuse their iphone on Sprint since they are owned by sprint......I have not done any research on this, but it may be worth looking into.

I guess that was above your pay grade though, since you were too busy using your brain to chide others instead of contributing something helpful :)

I only answered your first question. That's why I quoted only your first question.

Your entire argument here implies I was talking about your second question, which I wasn't talking about and which I don't quote.

I guess selective quoting is above your pay grade.

indyzzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2010
I only answered your first question. That's why I quoted only your first question.

Your entire argument here implies I was talking about your second question, which I wasn't talking about and which I don't quote.

I guess selective quoting is above your pay grade.

I wasnt asking a question, i was trying to point out an avenue to the OP. Still above your pay grade huh ?

Its better to shut up and let people think you are a fool than to open your pie hole and remove all doubt. i guess I will do that now :) Have a good life.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
I tried to search for a definitive answer but there is a such a pleathera of posts using these words it was hard.

I don't remember because I bought my 4s subsidized, but was there an option to order the 4s contract free on preorder day last year?

I'm still under contract and just want to preorder a contract free 64gb iPhone 5 but want to make sure I get a preorder and don't have to wait for launch day in lines.

Yes, you will be able to pay full price when you pre-order. There's a simple answer!

brock2621

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Kentucky
Yes, you will be able to pay full price when you pre-order. There's a simple answer!

I'm not asking what I'll pay. I know I'll pay full $700-$800 or whatever. I want to know if in the past, the preorder page on apples website had the option. I seem to recall on 4 and 4s it wasn't there but I'm not 100% certain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.