iPhone 5 - St. Louis, MO - Galleria & West County

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by geerlingguy, Sep 18, 2012.

1. geerlingguy macrumors 6502a

geerlingguy

Anybody else plan on being at one of the two Saint Louis Apple Stores Friday? I hope to be there around 5:30 or 6 am.

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I should be at West County tomorrow. Do we know what time they start selling phones?

3. KisakiSama macrumors member

KisakiSama

I'll be going to West County at around 5am. I went there around 6 for the iPhone 4 and was out of there around 9:45. Hoping this year won't be too bad. I believe they open at 8am, so that's when you can expect the line to start moving.

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Any idea when they'll open the mall?

5. KisakiSama macrumors member

KisakiSama

I'm not positive... it was open when I got there at 6:15 in 2010, and I *think* they open the mall at 6. I checked a past thread from a previous launch and security guards wouldn't let you near the doors until 5:45, so I might rethink when I'm going to show up :(

6. Stljoe78 macrumors newbie

I will also be at West County tomorrow waiting in line. I stopped in there earlier today and called the Apple store at the Galleria mall as well. Both stores said the same thing. The malls will be letting Apple customers inside the mall at 5 a.m. Apple Stores open their doors at 8 a.m. to start selling.
    Apparently mall security will stop people from attempting to park if you arrive too much earlier.

7. maikeru2991 macrumors newbie

Great info...I'll be at Galleria I guess around 5. Can't wait!

----------

I haven't been to West County yet...which location will be busier?

8. geerlingguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

geerlingguy

Hope to see a few people around 5, if I can get out of bed without snoozing a dozen times :)

Does anyone know if fold up chairs are allowed? I got lucky last year and sat in a chair near Starbucks, as that's where the line was around 6:15 a.m.

9. Stljoe78 macrumors newbie

Choosing which location to go to is anyone's guess. I've read a few old posts about each locations previous iPhones debuts sales. It said in one article for the 2011 IPhone 4s launch "New IPhone brings no lines at Saint Louis Galleria". I have read other post say that West County is the place to be.

The fact that the iPhone 5 more than doubled last years pre-order sales and sold out in just 1 hour makes it even more of a guessing game.
    Some people believe it will be a mad house everywhere you go. Others have said that maybe the record number pre-orders will slim down lines. Believing that most of the iPhone business was done online instead this year.

We'll all know in just hours. Good luck. God knows I'll be ticked off if I wait in line for nothing.

10. ohhoe macrumors member

I'll be at the Galleria.

Someone at the store told me they're blocking the parking lot off until 5am, and the mall opens at 6. I'm debating when to get there exactly. I live in Benton Park so I think I'm going to leave the house around 4:45 maybe.

11. maikeru2991 macrumors newbie

OK so 5am at Galleria it is!!! I'm so stoked!

12. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I called the mall too and got a different answer. They told me 6 and they wouldn't even let people on the mall property until 5.

13. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

So, are they letting people in yet? How many people are tere if so? I'm on my way now.

14. Stljoe78 macrumors newbie

I arrived here at West County store at 5:05 a.m. The doors were open at 5 a.m. I'm in line behind about 80-100 people. Others are very slowly filling in behind.

15. geerlingguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

geerlingguy

Galleria only opened doors on East side of mall near Bread Company. I was standing near the parking garage door, which was still locked. So now about 70 people from the start of the line...

16. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

This store is out of some sprint models. Just a heads up.

17. geerlingguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

geerlingguy

At Galleria, line is approx. 250-300. Employees giving out phone reservation cards.

18. Stljoe78 macrumors newbie

It's right at 200 people here now at West County Mall (according to Apple employ). 2 Sprint models are unavailable here also which doesn't seem to bother anyone. They said AT&T is by far the most available of phones today.
    We also received a card to hold our phone.