iPhone 5/Stalled App Store updates

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MooseDPM, Sep 27, 2012.

1. MooseDPM macrumors newbie

Got my phone last Friday and it took pretty much the whole weekend to download my apps (I have about 15GB worth of apps).

Now I just updated a few apps last night (small ones- 645 camera, foursquare, groupme, instagram, chase bank, zappos, mikey shorts, daytrotter, Uke chords) and they've all been sitting at the "Waiting" status for about 12 hours. I've been on both Wifi and LTE. Nothing is happening.

Suggestions? Anyone else experiencing this?

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Restart the phone with a graceful shutdown. (Hold power until you get the red slider and slide to shut it off)

If that doesn't reset/restart them.....do a forceful shutdown (hold power and home button....keep them held until the screen goes black and your see the Apple startup logo)

-Kevin

3. Vctr macrumors regular

Go into your iTunes app on your phone, and click on Downloads on the bottom right corner. Check to see if there are any songs in your download queue that is clogging up your App updates.

This happened to me before, and apparently there were a few songs in my download queue that just wouldn't download. These songs held up all of my app updates.

4. MooseDPM thread starter macrumors newbie

Turns out, there's tons of things pending in my iTunes queue. Thanks, iTunes Match! Never knew to check that before. Thanks for the help.