iPhone 5 stock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by billycuth, Sep 12, 2013.

1. billycuth macrumors 6502a

Looks like ATT and Verizon have lowered their prices on the remaining stock of iPhone 5s (fives plural, not 5s as in the new phone). You can get a 16GB for $99, 32GB for $199 and 64GB for $299...

Too bad Apple isn't doing the same. I have a $50 gift card. Guess I am waiting for the 5s!

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. billycuth thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well it's not on their site. I guess they may still have stock in stores, but there isn't a physical store really that close to me.

4. wellingtonwimpy macrumors member

Huh. When I stopped by an AT&T store the day after the announcement, the sales rep told me they weren't going to do this. I'm glad that changed. Now I'm not sure whether to buy a 5 right now and save $100 or wait for the 5S (currently still clutching my first-day-purchase iPhone 4).

Are the processor and camera upgrades are worth the extra money/wait time for a (relatively) casual user? I take a lot of pictures and care about the quality, but I don't use my phones for games, so the speed enhancements might be wasted on me. I mostly want fast e-mailing and browsing capabilities. I also consider the fingerprint scanner to be a negative and would probably never enable it.

5. billycuth thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's the big question. If the 5s really is twice as fast as the 5, I think that's significant enough for me to wait and go 5s.

It's not a purchase that is all about today. People may say "performance in a smartphone has hit its peak" but we don't know that. We don't know what the future will bring. So this is about the future.

For me, I am going with the biggest one they make this time around. And I plan on keeping it for a long time.