iPhone 5 Stuck Pixel!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamets515, Oct 1, 2012.

1. jamets515 macrumors regular

The other threads seem to be about dead pixels, but my iPhone has about a dozen STUCK pixels. Some red, some green...

Take a look... quality is as good as I could make it. You can just about see each individual pixel.

Have booked a genius bar appointment for tomorrow and will update the results.

Photo here.

2. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Mine were stuck pixels, not dead pixels. One was red, and one was green.

3. Ev0 macrumors newbie

Which store did you go to, and how did you get on ?

I am from the same area as you, and have 1 dead pixel on my 64gb iphone 5, but as the phone has no other issue's i'm a bit worried about swapping it out and end up with 1 thats worse.

4. jamets515 thread starter macrumors regular

Just got back from the Apple store at Cribbs Causeway. They swapped it out straight away. The genius had a little trouble seeing the pixels but I took my rMBP with the picture on it to show him.

First one he got out was pristine. It wasn't a retail one - it came from a white box but he assured me it wasn't reconditioned (how could it be after 11 days of release?) I was very thorough checking it over and we had a little joke about some of the posts you read with people swapping 3-4 units until they find that 'perfect' one.

The guy gave me a free lightning cable as well and I left feeling very happy indeed.

5. Ev0 macrumors newbie

Thanks for that.

I think i'll give cribbs a try then and book a genius appointment there.

The pixel stands out like a sore thumb to me and i've noticed it since I first set the phone up on the 21st, but didn't want to return it to voda or risk swapping it for a worse phone at the apple store.

6. Ev0 macrumors newbie

Ok booked appointment for tomorrow afternoon at cribbs.

Hopefully they can just replace the screen for me, as other than this dead pixel i'm happy with my phone.

7. jamets515 thread starter macrumors regular

I would think they'll swap the whole phone. It's quicker for them and you and leads to less complications.

8. Ev0 macrumors newbie

Good point, just hope they have a black 64gb in stock with no faults or marks on it then :)

9. Ev0 macrumors newbie

Well I got there, showed them the dead pixel.

First question, where did I get the phone from ? (felt like telling him I nicked it). Told him vodafone but they didn't have any in stock to replace it with at the moment.

So he said ok and took the phone out the back to "try and remove the dead pixel".

Bought the phone back a few minutes later and said sorry couldn't remove it, they don't have any 64gb iphone 5's in stock and they don't have any screens either :mad:

Said he will order 1 and told me they will call me in a couple of days to come back in to have the screen replaced.

So I leave the store with my phone, unlock it and what have they done, gone out the back onto youtube and ran the stuck pixel fixer video (yeh like I hadn't already tried that before doing an 80 mile round trip to take it to the store).

Can't believe that they didn't have any screen's in stock, let alone any whitebox iphone 5's they could have swapped the screens over from.