iPhone 5 tethering on three.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PVisitors, Oct 5, 2012.

1. PVisitors macrumors 6502a

Apparently the iPhone 5 contracts on three (other than the one plan) do not offer tethering as standard and need to pay £5 a month to add on tethering allowance.

Can anybody who is on a contract with three which says they do not allow tethering w/o the addon confirm how it works? I've had a quick google and there are conflicting reports of how it actually works. Some are saying they can just connect anyway whereas some say it directs them to a page saying it is restricted. What happens when you guys try to tether? Is it actually banned in the sense you physically can't do it, or just that they will suspend you if caught etc.

2. A.D.J. macrumors newbie

I've got the SIM200 plan with 3 which includes All You Can Eat Data. It says on their website that tethering isn't permitted, but I just switch on Personal Hotspot and it works fine. No messages, warnings or anything. Who knows though... the threatening letter might already be in the post! :)

3. PVisitors thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks your help, what I wanted to know. I don't use tethering that much (only when I'm on the train back home from uni to browse the web) so hopefully I doubt that will get me caught. Just something I wouldn't really want to give up as it's ridiculously handy to have.