iPhone 5 Touch Sensor Issues (Calibration)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alexh516, Sep 24, 2012.

1. alexh516 macrumors member

Hi There,

I think my iPhone 5 is miscalibrated slightly, and it seems to be most evident at the top of the screen. When I move a slider (for example the Airplane mode slider) at the top of settings. I need to touch slightly below the middle of the slider in order to drag it on or off. However, when I move a slider in the middle of the screen for example the Do not disturb option in settings, It will register the touch even towards the top half of the slider. When I scroll down and that slider is now near the top of the screen, it become harder again to touch and drag.

Hope I am not being confusing, but does anyone else have this issue?

2. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

I posted a thread about this yesterday too. I noticed it isn't as sensitive as the 4S, sometimes I have to tap twice. I guess I am getting used to it. Compared to some of the other issues people are having - it's not that bad. Still Apple's quality control sucks these days.

3. eeclipse16 macrumors member

4. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

Probably not worth getting a replacement for, at least not mine, until these issues are worked out (scratching of the paint etc.)

5. epphllps macrumors 6502

Same here. Typing is screwy way too often and tapping those sliders is awful. Wonder what's up...

6. alexh516 thread starter macrumors member

I tried with an iPhone 4s and it seems to be the same thing. Im guessing apple designs the calibration so that everything is from the perspective of the eye of the viewer (the center of the screen). Meaning that things at the top of the screen can be tapped slightly below the object, and things at the bottom can be tapped slightly above the object.

7. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

I dunno. I've been using iPhones since 3G and this one just feels different. Maybe it just takes some getting used to.