iPhone 5 UK carriers and unlocking

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tritons, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Tritons macrumors 6502

Hi
    I'm Latvian who is studying in Aberdeen and I want to get new phone since my last one died. I need carrier in UK I was looking at those iPhone 5 + SIM deals but can't decide which one would be the cheapest one. Another thing is that I would need to use my Latvian carrier SIM while I'm in Latvia for summer and winter holidays. Do all UK carriers lock their iPhones? Which one is most easiest to unlock? I saw that on Three network it costs only 15£ and you can do it as fast as after one month of Pay Monthly contract. What do you think?

2. abz1981 macrumors 65816

As far as I know Vodafone allows you to unlock your Iphone free of charge. O2 allows you to unlock the Iphone free of charge too. It takes 72 hours for O2 to provide you with an unlocking sms, from the moment you request it.

So both above Vodafone and O2 will let you unlock for free. T mobile will charge you £20, not sure about Orange, however I am sure its same price as t mobile.

If your looking at buying the Apple Iphone you will be best buying it direct from Apple store or Apple website. Sim only deals cheapest are 3 (one plan i think its called) and O2 sim only plans. Others may know cheaper options. However if your looking at getting an Iphone unlocked, you will have to use one of the carrier/networks plans in order to request unlock from them.