IPhone 5 Uk General questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Justmeinit, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Justmeinit macrumors newbie

Thought it would be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to the UK. I know there is a thread on shipping but I think it's better to have this so I don't have to read through pages of threads/ replys that are not really relevant to myself.
    I'm going to pick up a iPhone 5 next week going to go with three as they look to have the best deals, I waited to see what EE was doing and they look a rip off to me.
    Ill kick things off what battery life have people been getting? And also what speeds?

2. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Best deal is to buy the iPhone direct from Apple, unlocked iphone and 12 months of sim only with unlimited Internet works out at around £680.

Any network deal will cost you at least £1000 over the contract.

3. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

The existing UK thread is not just for shipping info.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Got mine from the apple store in meadowhall after reserving it online.

Sim free 16gb black/slate.

The battery life is on par if not better than the 4s. Of course their are tons of variables on how the owner uses the iphone which affects power.

I easily get a day to 1.5 days out of mine.

I've not done any speed tests per say but I can see this is quicker than my 4s both on the net and on using its menu system generally inc opening apps etc.

It did take a few days to get used to the extra real estate and the lightness of the device itself.

5. Justmeinit thread starter macrumors newbie

I know that's the best way of doing things but unfortunately don't have the cash to buy the phone outright.

Is there anyone on here who has gone with Three and regretted it?

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Their are discussions about the 3 network on here. It's like all the networks some get good coverage and some don't.

I get the feeling it's the all you can eat data package that draws people in.

Like giffgaff !

1gb data package on 02 suits me fine on payg.

7. Justmeinit thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah it is the all you can eat data. I've got my ipad on three and I get decent speeds upto 12 mg. I would think I'd get similar speeds on iPhone 5

8. Hendo356 macrumors newbie

Very pleased

I changed from 3GS to i5. Battery life is good including using it for golf gps app. Speed of operation is way over 3GS. I went with tmobile as their 'full monty' of 2000 mins and unlimited texts and data for 36 squid pm is good and their coverage beats Voda into a cocked hat who I've been with since dot. Not sure I'm gonna sign up for 4g with EE as I'm not in any of the city's and I quite like the unlimited data. 3G is very rapid for my needs anyhow

9. Liam Steven macrumors regular

Is anybody else from the UK frustrated that iOS 6 incorporates a new Volume warning, meaning if you turn the voulme up the screen will awake (if asleep) everytime you adjust it beyond the "high volume" level?