iPhone 5 unlock/lock button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saporiti, Jan 19, 2013.

1. saporiti macrumors regular

Hello boys and girls,

I've had my iPhone 5 for 2 months and something now... And today I got kind of worried.

My unlock/lock button is missing my moves very often... Specially when my iPhone is laying on the table or bed, and I press the button to see my notifications.

Should I worry to much? What should I do? Really don't feel like staying without it one month or something like that. :(

2. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

I've read in another thread that this is a problem. You should have your iPhone returned

3. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

I had the same issue with mine. I brought it to my local Apple store and it was replaced within minutes.

4. saporiti thread starter macrumors regular

Problem is I bought it with a contract through Vodafone here in Portugal... I don't think they replace the phone within minutes... :/

5. saporiti thread starter macrumors regular

Okay I have some interesting news about my issue. I went to Vodafone to show my iPhone and its problem with the lock and unlock button.

The guy on Vodafone took the speck candyshell out of my iPhone and tried it without the case. It works perfectly. Basically this was happening because of the case!!!!

For those who have a speck candyshell, this never happened before?

6. Spidder macrumors member

You didn't tried it without the case? :rolleyes: That would be the first thing I would have tried...

7. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Cases often lead to problems with the home button :rolleyes: watch some reviews on youtube

8. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

The iPhone 5 seems to be prone to the sleep/wake button becoming faulty. Do a search the is a fair bit of info about it.

Seems like they are failing after a certain amount of time. At the moment its the launch phones are starting to fail.

9. Philscbx macrumors regular

Philscbx

I did not see the detail described here - Is it a case type screen saver causing it - false reading through it?

10. saporiti thread starter macrumors regular

The cause is a speck candyshell... Never had issues with it on the iPhone 4S!