iPhone 5 unlock with Vodafone UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by justjax, Oct 3, 2013.

1. justjax macrumors regular

So my iPhone 5 was out of contract last weekend with Vodafone UK (VF), completed the web form to request an unlocked. Shortly after get an email from nucresolutions team at VF, sort of automated email, but confirming my details and stating it normally takes 48 hrs for an unlock unless they need contact manufacturer. That was Sunday afternoon. Last night, approx 72hrs later I called VF and she couldn't see anything on my account. Gave her the ref from the email and that didn't help. Can only assume its in the system but not actioned yet? She asked what handset I have and I said iPhone 5 and she said that if it was Apple then it would mean they have to contact Apple and there could be a backlog. Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get it unlocked via VF UK? I requested my PAC code early last month as i'm planning on switching to Three, but that expires in 5 days. At this rate I'm going to have to get a new PAC code :(

2. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

Ouch, that doesn't sound like much fun. Can you contact apple directly and find out where and if your phone is in the que?

3. FlyUnlock.com macrumors member

FlyUnlock.com

Call to Voda UK and tell them to ask Apple. It sometimes happens that VF request an unlock and it fails by Apples mistake, but VF is the one that has to repeat the process. Call them and ask for the manager. Tell him that Apple confirmed you, that the phone is still locked and they are the ones that have to solve it (which is true, only carrier is responsible for SIMLocks).