iPhone 5 Unlocking Issue (does it relock?)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kirky29, Jun 10, 2013.

1. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

Hi there,

I bought a refurbished iPhone 5 originally locked but it was unlocked for me - today I went to Erase All Content and Settings - now it seems to be locked again... is that normal?

I called them up and they said the unlocking process could take 1 working day, but it was unlocked when I got it - now it isn't ...

I'm trying to use my T-Mobile (EE) Sim Card in what I think is originally an O2-UK locked iPhone. Thanks..!

2. Superman80 macrumors regular

3. kirky29 thread starter macrumors 65816

kirky29

I got it from a phone business seller on eBay. I called them up and they said it can take a working day to unlock - but my problem is that when I got it, it was unlocked ... now it's locked again. I'm not sure if the process is still ongoing or if I've messed it up.... :-/

4. yateseyd1991 macrumors regular

Try restoring the iPhone using iTunes, you should then get a screen that says something like "congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked"

:apple: iPhone 5 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB Black, iPod Video 240GB, Shure SE425's :apple:

5. 617aircav Suspended

It should still be unlocked if it was properly unlocked the first time. I did 5 unlocks from eBay last week. All iphones remained unlock after a full restore.