iPhone 5 upgrades in Canada

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Infinitely47, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Infinitely47 macrumors newbie

I'm with Rogers and I've been eligible to upgrade since a couple months ago. So does anyone know how the carriers (specifically Rogers) in Canada are going to handle people who are upgrading and preordering? Would you be able to order through the Apple store or would you have to use their website?

Thanks in advance :)

2. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

You will have to pre-order threw Rogers. Pretty sure you can't pre-order with Apple in Canada if your looking to upgrade.

But that could change? We shall see on Wednesday.

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Will have a better answer when the new phone is announced. (assuming it will)

4. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Actually you can pre-order through Apple and they can do the upgrade for you at the Apple store (was like this for the 4S iirc)

5. G-Mo macrumors 6502

G-Mo

As sviato says. (Btw, through, not threw.)

6. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

The Canadian carriers will handle it like they did last year with the 4S; there will be a specific time when you can log into your rogers/bell/fido/w/e account and reserve one. You will get a number indicating your position on the wait list.

My only concern is that rogers might be an @ss(not that they aren't already) and not bring back the 6GB LTE plan for iPhone 5 buyers.

7. rsxmachine macrumors 6502a

Rogers changed their upgrade rules, in the past after 24 months you could get new phone for 3yr contract price ie. 169. Now you have to wait 36 months to get same price, but you can upgrade anytime and pay the difference. So now if you are at 24 months, the phone will cost another 150 on top of 3 yr contract price. Just an FYI.