iPhone 5 usage time vs. standby time

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jtrain311, Oct 10, 2012.

1. jtrain311 macrumors newbie

So I've been curious about my battery life and, after reading these forums, I decided to cycle my battery and reset all of my settings. Without getting into specifics of "stats" I'm wondering if it's normal for my usage time to be practically identical to my standby time? My battery was fully charged at 9:45 PM last night and as of now I have 10 hours 29 minutes of usage and 10 Hours 32 minutes of standby. I lost nearly 50% of my battery overnight and all it did was sit idle w/ LTE on (I get average LTE in my house).

Anyone think my phone is having issues going into true "standby" mode?

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

something is obviously running in the background.
    and location based reminders set?
    look to see if the <-- is on the status bar.
    check and see if the location based system services are turned on.. iads etc.
    have you dont a clean install from and set up as a new iphone??

i know a lot of people say things dont truly background but ive had a tab in safari run constantly and cause my usage to be off

3. jtrain311 thread starter macrumors newbie

My location based reminders are OFF and to the best of my knowledge there's nothing running in the background. I haven't done a clean install only because this was my first iphone, so there was no backup for me to restore from. How would I go about doing a "clean" install?

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Get on the horn with AppleCare & explain. They'll send you a diagnostic text message & ask you to reply to it. The information they'll receive from you will tell theme if there are any apps or processes that are hanging & using battery or hogging memory.

5. jtrain311 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I'll have to give them a shout today!

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

No prob. And report back to thread with how it all goes down if you don't mind. That way we can all benefit from the experience. Best of luck!