Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
While I'm glad that u can disable LTE when in non-LTE areas, don't u think there should be an option to turn off 3G/HSPA+ 4G(AT&T) as well? I do a lot of delivery driving and end up driving thru areas with neither LTE or 3G/HSPA+ coverage. And no I don't text or browse the web while driving, but I use my iPhone for navigational purposes. So it would be nice to use my map app without my phone killing additional battery by searching for network coverage that doesn't exist in an area that I'm driving through. Not a big issue, just a minor complaint :)

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
While I'm glad that u can disable LTE when in non-LTE areas, don't u think there should be an option to turn off 3G/HSPA+ 4G(AT&T) as well? I do a lot of delivery driving and end up driving thru areas with neither LTE or 3G/HSPA+ coverage. And no I don't text or browse the web while driving, but I use my iPhone for navigational purposes. So it would be nice to use my map app without my phone killing additional battery by searching for network coverage that doesn't exist in an area that I'm driving through. Not a big issue, just a minor complaint :)
While I agree there should be a switch on the iPhone to downshift to EDGE, can't you just plug your iPhone into your car for power? There are plenty of accessories on the market to resolve that issue.

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
While I agree there should be a switch on the iPhone to downshift to EDGE, can't you just plug your iPhone into your car for power? There are plenty of accessories on the market to resolve that issue.

Usually but sometimes I'm stuck in the work work vehicle with no functioning cigarette lighter. So that isn't always an option. Once again not a huge issue but would be a nice gesture on apples part.

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
Kinda considering one of these!!! Probably won't need it too much because even with my small complaint, the iPhone 5 battery is still quite stellar. But there are times when I'm on the road all day and it would suck to have a dead phone while my boss is trying to call or something

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.