iPhone 5 users with LTE coverage.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acidrain79, Oct 1, 2012.

1. acidrain79 macrumors member

While I'm glad that u can disable LTE when in non-LTE areas, don't u think there should be an option to turn off 3G/HSPA+ 4G(AT&T) as well? I do a lot of delivery driving and end up driving thru areas with neither LTE or 3G/HSPA+ coverage. And no I don't text or browse the web while driving, but I use my iPhone for navigational purposes. So it would be nice to use my map app without my phone killing additional battery by searching for network coverage that doesn't exist in an area that I'm driving through. Not a big issue, just a minor complaint :)

2. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

While I agree there should be a switch on the iPhone to downshift to EDGE, can't you just plug your iPhone into your car for power? There are plenty of accessories on the market to resolve that issue.

3. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

This would appear to be a simple resolve to a simple issue.

4. acidrain79 thread starter macrumors member

Usually but sometimes I'm stuck in the work work vehicle with no functioning cigarette lighter. So that isn't always an option. Once again not a huge issue but would be a nice gesture on apples part.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

**Edit**

Sorry just read your post. What about an external battery backup? I do agree with you however.

6. acidrain79 thread starter macrumors member

Kinda considering one of these!!! Probably won't need it too much because even with my small complaint, the iPhone 5 battery is still quite stellar. But there are times when I'm on the road all day and it would suck to have a dead phone while my boss is trying to call or something