iPhone 5 Verizon 3G network?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by byziphone4, Aug 14, 2013.

1. byziphone4 macrumors member

Is anyone else noticing that Verizon iPhone 5 on the 3G network is taking some time to respond...for instance when clicking on websites it doesn't go right away...apps arent loading completely in a reasonable amount of time...or even with Siri...she is taking a long time to respond. We have two iPhone 5's in the house both using 3G to save data...and noticing that it seems server is acting abnormally slow!

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

Verizon 3G is slow. If you're going to subject yourself to that instead of their LTE just to save data, then I recommend you look into switching carriers or increasing your data plan allowance.

3. byziphone4 thread starter macrumors member

Also I am not really saying that I am getting slow 3G speeds...considering of course it would be slower than LTE...what I am saying is that it seems like it is taking a longer/abnormal amount of time to connect to servers! My 3G speeds are...https://twitter.com/byzetta/status/367676999113773057

4. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

at&t is a lot better than verizon in my area (DC) area, speaking from experience

5. byziphone4 thread starter macrumors member

Ok I am definitely not crazy..this crazy message popped up on my screen in my phone app...https://twitter.com/byzetta/status/367696956119719938

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

It sounds like there might be something else in play. On it's own, Verizon's 3G (EVDO), while definitely slower than LTE, and perhaps slightly slower than let's say AT&T's/T-Mobile's 3G, it's still decently fast to load web sites and use apps and all that.