iPhone 5 Verizon Reception

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by njaremka, Oct 8, 2012.

1. njaremka macrumors 6502

This is a question ONLY for those on Verizon with an iPhone 5, who previously had an iPhone 4...

How is the reception on the 5 compared to the 4? We live in an area that has spotty coverage on Verizon, and I will occasionally drop calls from my iPhone 4. I have an upgrade eligibility available for me, and I want to get the new iPhone 5. I am curious how the reception compares, however.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. dfinecy macrumors regular

The reception I get with the 5 is nearly identical if not a shade better than my i4. I would say you should be just fine in your area :)

3. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Same. Though I didn't have a 4, but a 4s... however I find the 5 to be the same if not better 3G reception. LTE is another story.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Well yeah, considering that 4/4S gets no LTE reception...

5. njaremka thread starter macrumors 6502

LTE isn't as big of a concern for me compared to calling service. If the call reception is better, it will be a better justification for me to upgrade.

6. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

really just meaning LTE reception in my area is "another story" (spotty at best). Thanks for chiming in though. ;)

7. Hart1583 macrumors regular

Hart1583

I get 1 bar better in my basement where my room is.

When I had the S3 I barely got any service, would have to run upstairs on a phone call. iPhone crystal clear

8. njaremka thread starter macrumors 6502

Encouraging, thanks. I bounce between 1-2 bars inside the entire house, and if i get ANY signal fluctuation, the call gets dropped.