iPhone 5 Verizon Reception

njaremka

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2010
This is a question ONLY for those on Verizon with an iPhone 5, who previously had an iPhone 4...

How is the reception on the 5 compared to the 4? We live in an area that has spotty coverage on Verizon, and I will occasionally drop calls from my iPhone 4. I have an upgrade eligibility available for me, and I want to get the new iPhone 5. I am curious how the reception compares, however.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

dfinecy

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
The reception I get with the 5 is nearly identical if not a shade better than my i4. I would say you should be just fine in your area :)

Comment

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Same. Though I didn't have a 4, but a 4s... however I find the 5 to be the same if not better 3G reception. LTE is another story.

Comment

njaremka

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2010
LTE isn't as big of a concern for me compared to calling service. If the call reception is better, it will be a better justification for me to upgrade.

Comment

Hart1583

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2011
Peoria, IL
I get 1 bar better in my basement where my room is.

When I had the S3 I barely got any service, would have to run upstairs on a phone call. iPhone crystal clear

Comment

njaremka

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2010
I get 1 bar better in my basement where my room is.

When I had the S3 I barely got any service, would have to run upstairs on a phone call. iPhone crystal clear
Encouraging, thanks. I bounce between 1-2 bars inside the entire house, and if i get ANY signal fluctuation, the call gets dropped.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.